2014 Vermont Telecommunications Plan Public Comments Draft
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE ISSSUES PUBLIC COMMENTS DRAFT OF THE 2014 VERMONT TELECOMMUNICATIONS PLAN & INVITES PUBLIC COMMENT
Montpelier—The Department of Public Service, in conjunction with the Agency of Commerce and Community Development and the Department of Information and Innovation, is pleased to announce the release of the 2014 Telecommunications Plan public comments draft. The Plan addresses the major ongoing developments in the telecommunications industry, including broadband infrastructure development, regulatory policy and recommendations for future action.
“This plan provides Vermont residents, businesses, and policy leaders with an objective assessment of how far we’ve come in the last 10 years, our successes, as well as our vision for the next ten years,” said Public Service Commissioner Christopher Recchia. “The Plan also discusses the telecommunications challenges facing Vermont, as well as realistic and attainable solutions to those challenges,” he added. Highlights of the Plan include an overview of the state’s existing broadband infrastructure and strategies for increasing speeds and affordability of broadband service.
The Department will hold three public hearings on the public comments draft of the Plan prior to adopting the final Plan. The hearings will be held as follows:
- Holiday Inn, Oak Room, 1068 Williston Road, Burlington, Vermont on Monday, August 25, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.;
- Hampton Inn, 1378 Putney Road, Brattleboro, Vermont, on Tuesday, August 26, 2014, at 7:00 p.m.;
- Alumni Hall, 16 Auditorium Hill Road, Barre, Vermont on Wednesday, August 27, 2014, at 7:00 p.m;
- Hampton Inn, 47 Farrell Road, Rutland, Vermont on Thursday August 28, 2014, at 7:00 p.m.;
- Catamount Arts Center, 115 Eastern Avenue, St. Johnsbury, Vermont, September 4, 2014, at 7:00 p.m.;
- Middle Branch Grange, 78 Store Hill Road, East Bethel, Vermont, September 18, 2014, at 2:00 p.m.;
- Barrett Hall, Justin Morrill Memorial Highway, Strafford, Vermont, September 18, 2014, at 6:00 p.m.
Copies of the draft plan and information about the comment period may be obtained from the Department of Public Service by visiting http://publicservice.vermont.gov/publications or by calling (802) 828-4003. Copies may also be requested by email sent to email@example.com, or by writing to the Department of Public Service, 112 State Street, Drawer 20, Montpelier, VT 05620. We welcome and encourage commentary on the Plan. Comments may be submitted either electronically or by mail to the address above.