On This Page:
The Vermont Small-Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program provides incentives for qualifying solar electric (PV), solar hot water, and micro-hydro systems. The Incentive Application is provided by the Renewable Energy Resource Center (RERC) (the contracted program administrator), where additional information on the program can also be obtained. The RERC can also be reached at 1-877-888-7372.
UPDATE: September 29, 2014 -- CEDF proposes changes to the Small Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program
The changes proposed will take effect October 8, 2014 if no substantial changes are made based on comments received. Comments on the proposed changes should be sent via email to: Andrew.Perchlik@State.vt.us
For regular updates on availability of incentive funds, please visit: www.rerc-vt.org/incentives/reserved.htm. In addition, this web page illustrates the incentive program activity.
In 2014 there were two solicitations for renewable energy projects from which the CEDF has awarded grants.
1. Farm Energy Initiative. This program has been budgeted $350,000 and will first provide a grant (or grants) to support the use of pre and/or post-consumer food waste in farm based anaerobic digesters.
2. Competitive Community Solar and Wind Grants.
A Revised Solar Tax Credit Reservation List was released on 1/3/11. This is the final revised list and includes tax credit reservations granted in the first or second round and has been updated as projects have dropped out of the program. The list also includes the ordered waiting list that could be used to distribute solar tax credit reservations if additional funds are made available for solar tax credits. Projects that have a CPG issued will receive their tax credit certification in December, 2010. Certificates will only be issued once a CPG has been obtained. For solar thermal projects, certificates will be sent once photographic proof of project installation has been received by the CEDF.
Photovoltaic (PV) projects that applied for a CPG and the solar tax credit before July 15th, 2010 have until September 1, 2011 to commission their projects. Solar thermal projects and PV projects that applied for a CPG after July 15th must be commissioned by December 31, 2010 to be able to claim the solar tax credit.
The loan program is closed indefinately until further notice.
Press Releases on Past Awards
- Press Release - $1.7 million awarded to clean energy projects, June 16, 2010.
- Press Release - Nearly $6 million awarded for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Projects, March 29, 2010.
- Press Release - Over $5 Million for Renewable Energy Projects Made Available To Home and Businesses Owners, April 21, 2010
- Press Release - $1.5 million awarded for the VT Small-Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program, July 31, 2008
- Press Release - Over $3 million awarded for Renewable Energy Projects, May 14, 2010
- Press Release - CEDF Awards more than $3 million for Renewable Energy Projects, October 14, 2009
- Press Release - Governor Announces over $2.5 million for Renewable Energy Projects, April 15, 2009
- Press Release - State Awards over $2.5 million for Clean Energy Projects, October 31, 2008
- Press Release - State Awards over $2 million for Clean Energy Projects, May 7, 2008
- Press Release - $2 million awarded for VT Clean Energy Development Fund Projects, August 9, 2007