On This Page:
The Vermont Small-Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program provides incentives for qualifying solar electric (PV), solar hot water, and micro-hydro systems. The Incentive Application is provided by the Renewable Energy Resource Center (RERC) (the contracted program administrator), where additional information on the program can also be obtained. The RERC can also be reached at 1-877-888-7372.
UPDATE: May 11, 2014 -- CEDF proposes changes to the Small Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program
The changes proposed will be considered by the Clean Energy Development Board on June 10, 2015 and take effect July 1, 2015 if no substantial changes are made based on comments received. Comments on the proposed changes should be sent via email to: Andrew.Perchlik@State.vt.us no later than June 9, 2015.
For regular updates on availability of SSREIP funds, please visit: www.rerc-vt.org .
There is currently one open grant opportunity though the following Request for Proposals:
Advanced Wood Heating Systems in Schools and Non-Profit Housing (applications due June 30, 2015)
Questions regarding this RFP are due June 10, 2015. See RFP for more information
A Revised Solar Tax Credit Reservation List was released on 1/3/11. This is the final revised list and includes tax credit reservations granted in the first or second round and has been updated as projects have dropped out of the program. The list also includes the ordered waiting list that could be used to distribute solar tax credit reservations if additional funds are made available for solar tax credits. Projects that have a CPG issued will receive their tax credit certification in December, 2010. Certificates will only be issued once a CPG has been obtained. For solar thermal projects, certificates will be sent once photographic proof of project installation has been received by the CEDF.
Photovoltaic (PV) projects that applied for a CPG and the solar tax credit before July 15th, 2010 have until September 1, 2011 to commission their projects. Solar thermal projects and PV projects that applied for a CPG after July 15th must be commissioned by December 31, 2010 to be able to claim the solar tax credit.
The loan program is closed indefinately until further notice.
Press Releases on Past Awards
- Press Release - $1.7 million awarded to clean energy projects, June 16, 2010.
- Press Release - Nearly $6 million awarded for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Projects, March 29, 2010.
- Press Release - Over $5 Million for Renewable Energy Projects Made Available To Home and Businesses Owners, April 21, 2010
- Press Release - $1.5 million awarded for the VT Small-Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program, July 31, 2008
- Press Release - Over $3 million awarded for Renewable Energy Projects, May 14, 2010
- Press Release - CEDF Awards more than $3 million for Renewable Energy Projects, October 14, 2009
- Press Release - Governor Announces over $2.5 million for Renewable Energy Projects, April 15, 2009
- Press Release - State Awards over $2.5 million for Clean Energy Projects, October 31, 2008
- Press Release - State Awards over $2 million for Clean Energy Projects, May 7, 2008
- Press Release - $2 million awarded for VT Clean Energy Development Fund Projects, August 9, 2007