On This Page:
The Vermont Small-Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program provides incentives for qualifying advanced wood pellet boilers and solar hot water systems. The program is administered by the Renewable Energy Resource Center (RERC) (under contract with the CEDF), incentive applications and complete program information can also be obtained at their web ste: www.rerc-vt.org . The RERC can also be reached at 1-877-888-7372.
UPDATE: June 10, 2015 -- The changes to the Small Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program were approved by the CED Board and take effect July 1, 2015.
Advanced Wood Heating Systems in Schools and Non-Profit Housing (The first round of this solicitation was completed. A second soliciation for grant proposals will be issued in October, 2015.
Bulk Wood Pellet Supply Grants. The CEDF will release a solicitation for grant proposals in October, 2015. Grants will be awarded to projects that increase the supply of bulk pellets or that imporove the bulk delivery of pellets in Vermont.
The CEDF no longer offers loans but does support loans for renewabe energy projects though two different credit enhancement programs. One program supports residential solar installations in Windham County and the other - the Heat Saver Loan Program - supports thermal energy efficiency and renewable energy loans.
A Revised Solar Tax Credit Reservation List was released on 1/3/11. This is the final revised list and includes tax credit reservations granted in the first or second round and has been updated as projects have dropped out of the program. The list also includes the ordered waiting list that could be used to distribute solar tax credit reservations if additional funds are made available for solar tax credits. Projects that have a CPG issued will receive their tax credit certification in December, 2010. Certificates will only be issued once a CPG has been obtained. For solar thermal projects, certificates will be sent once photographic proof of project installation has been received by the CEDF.
Photovoltaic (PV) projects that applied for a CPG and the solar tax credit before July 15th, 2010 have until September 1, 2011 to commission their projects. Solar thermal projects and PV projects that applied for a CPG after July 15th must be commissioned by December 31, 2010 to be able to claim the solar tax credit.
Press Releases on Past Awards
- Press Release - $1.7 million awarded to clean energy projects, June 16, 2010.
- Press Release - Nearly $6 million awarded for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Projects, March 29, 2010.
- Press Release - Over $5 Million for Renewable Energy Projects Made Available To Home and Businesses Owners, April 21, 2010
- Press Release - $1.5 million awarded for the VT Small-Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program, July 31, 2008
- Press Release - Over $3 million awarded for Renewable Energy Projects, May 14, 2010
- Press Release - CEDF Awards more than $3 million for Renewable Energy Projects, October 14, 2009
- Press Release - Governor Announces over $2.5 million for Renewable Energy Projects, April 15, 2009
- Press Release - State Awards over $2.5 million for Clean Energy Projects, October 31, 2008
- Press Release - State Awards over $2 million for Clean Energy Projects, May 7, 2008
- Press Release - $2 million awarded for VT Clean Energy Development Fund Projects, August 9, 2007