Upcoming Public Meetings This Week and Next on the Climate Action Plan
The Department of Public Service is coordinating with the Vermont Climate Council on a series of public meetings in September. Comments from participants can inform both the Climate Action Plan (CAP) under development by the Climate Council and the Comprehensive Energy Plan (CEP) being developed by the PSD. In August 2021, the PSD coordinated with the Climate Council on a series of Technical Workshops focused on electricity, buildings/thermal sector, and transportation.
Please join the Vermont Climate Council by participating in one of the upcoming public meetings either online or in person. All events are family friendly, free, and open to everyone interested in attending. Food will be provided at all in-person events. In addition, interpretation services may be made available for individuals who register in advance. Please note that in-person events are being held in outdoor pavilions or shelters and will observe COVID-19 safety protocols. All participants in attendance will be asked to wear masks.
Meeting dates, times. and locations are as follows:
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 5-7 pm: Elmore State Park Pavilion | 856 VT-12, Elmore, VT
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 5-7 pm: Emerald Lake State Park Pavilion | 65 Emerald Lake Ln, East Dorset, VT
- Thursday, September 23, 2021, 5-7 pm: Lakeside Park Pavilion | 32 Mill St, Island Pond, VT
- Sunday, September 26, 2021, 3-5 pm: Airport Park Pavilion | 500 Colchester Point Rd, Colchester, VT
- Thursday, September 30, 6-7:30 pm: Virtual event via Zoom