Pre-Construction Make-Ready Policy (PDF)
- Ensure accountability
- Reduce delays
- Speed access to funds
- Make Ready Applications are allowed
- Make Ready Construction is allowed in both the Preconstruction and Construction Program.
- Communications Union Districts may only include Make-Ready Construction costs in the preconstruction program if the costs are within their pre-determined preconstruction allotment.
- Communications Union Districts must certify that they are taking full advantage of the tariff reduction and submit a detailed overview of their pole applications and strategy if make-ready is included in the application. Accepted applications will be amended to reflect this change.
- Make-Ready Construction costs will only be approved for payment when the CUD presents to staff a sufficient level of design specifications that demonstrate and can deliver a high percentage of make-ready accuracy.
- Staff can sign off that make ready was approved in the scope of the grant and meets the requirements of #5. The applicant does not need to return to the Board for approval
- Communications Union Districts are encouraged to save the 25% upfront to pay for approved Make-Ready Construction to reduce the risk of state delays in issuing payments.
- The Staff shall report to the Board any approvals for Make Ready Construction.