- Vermont Department of Health 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Vermont Emergency Management COVID-19 Information
- Thank you to Patty Richards from Washington Electric Co-op for information on how soap kills the coronavirus.
On March 18, 2020, the Public Utility Commission ordered a temporary moratorium on involuntary disconnections of natural gas, electric and telecommunications service until April 30, 2020. This order formally acknowledges the work previously done by Vermont’s utilities to voluntarily suspend disconnections in response to the COVID-19 emergency and their coordination with the Vermont Department of Public Service. On March 20, 2020, the Department filed a report with the PUC suggesting, among other things, that there be further process to review whether the disconnection protection should be extended to businesses as well, which the Department supports. The Department also flagged the need, in due course, for regulators to address (1) whether to extend the moratorium beyond April 30, (2) how to reasonably and equitably deal with arrearages that many ratepayers are likely to accrue, and (3) how to find a reasonable and equitable approach to ensuring the economic health of the utilities – particularly the small municipal utilities – should ratepayer arrearages become widespread and material in value.
On March 27, 2020, the Public Utility Commission extended the moratorium to include non-residential ratepayers and regulated water companies.
The utilities and the Department will continue working together to ensure the uninterrupted provision of safe, reliable delivery of utility service to Vermonters during the COVID -19 State of Emergency. Vermont’s utility personnel are working tirelessly to keep the lights on, homes heated, calls exchanged, and broadband running, all while doing line maintenance and repairs as needed.
Also, the utilities are continuously updating the Department about their measures to help contain the COVID-19 virus and to ensure their employees remain able to provide essential services to the public.
- Department of Public Service contact for utilities regarding continuous operations:
Bill Jordan, Director of Engineering Division
- VPPSA (Vermont Public Power Supply Authority)
- Barton Village Electric Department COVID-19 Customer Information
- Burlington Electric Department COVID-19 Customer Information
- GMP COVID-19 Customer Information
- Hardwick Electric Department COVID-19 Customer Information
- Morrisville Water & Light COVID-19 Customer Information
- Northfield Electric Department COVID-19 Customer Information
- Orleans Electric COVID-19 Customer Information
- Stowe Electric Department COVID-19 Customer Information
- Swanton Village Electric COVID-19 Customer Information
- Vermont Electric Co-op (VEC) COVID-19 Customer Information
- Village of Enosburg Falls Electric Customer Information
- Village of Hyde Park Electric COVID-19 Customer Information
- Village of Jacksonville Electric Company COVID-19 Customer Information
- Village of Johnson Water & Light Department COVID-19 Customer Information
- Village of Ludlow Electric Light Department COVID-19 Customer Information
- Village of Lyndonville Electric Department COVID-19 Customer Information
- Washington Electric Co-op (WEC) COVID-19 Customer Information