This page includes previous press releases and announcements made by the Clean Energy Development Fund.
June 19, 2017 - Vermont Clean Energy Industry Report Released
A steady increase in the clean energy job market is detailed in the 2017 Clean Energy Industry Report released today by the Clean Energy Development Fund (CEDF). The number of Vermonters working in the clean energy sector increased by 1,366 since last year, a 29 percent increase since 2013. The report states that there are over 19,000 Vermonters employed in clean energy, 12,000 of which are full-time jobs. With one in every 16 workers --- or about six percent of the State's workforce --- now part of the clean energy economy, Vermont has the highest number of per capita clean energy workers of any U.S. state.
Press Release: Vermont Clean Energy Industry Continues Strong Job Growth
Download the Report: 2017 Vermont Clean Energy Industry Report
September 28, 2016 New Solar Guide for Vermonters
- Vermonter's Guide to Residential Solar (2016)
- There are many ways to build and finance a solar photovoltaic (PV) system, and navigating these options can be challenging. This new guide aims to help homeowners decide whether it makes sense for them to go solar, and if so, how. The guide, “A Vermonter’s Guide to Residential Solar,” was written by the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) for the Vermont Department of Public Service. It is divided into sections so that readers can refer to relevant information at different points in the decision-making and installation process.
- Press Release
- April 18, 2016 - After three different competitive grant solicitations the CEDF has awarded over $900,000 through 16 grants to support the supply and delivery of bulk wood pellets and the installation of advanced wood heating systems in schools and affordable housing. These grants continue the CEDF's strategic focus on promoting the development of Vermont's local, sustainable, and highly efficient wood energy market sector.
- Press Release - $1.7 million awarded to clean energy projects, June 16, 2010.
- Press Release - Nearly $6 million awarded for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Projects, March 29, 2010.
- Press Release - Over $5 Million for Renewable Energy Projects Made Available To Home and Businesses Owners, April 21, 2010
- Press Release - $1.5 million awarded for the VT Small-Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program, July 31, 2008
- Press Release - Over $3 million awarded for Renewable Energy Projects, May 14, 2010
- Press Release - CEDF Awards more than $3 million for Renewable Energy Projects, October 14, 2009
- Press Release - Governor Announces over $2.5 million for Renewable Energy Projects, April 15, 2009
- Press Release - State Awards over $2.5 million for Clean Energy Projects, October 31, 2008
- Press Release - State Awards over $2 million for Clean Energy Projects, May 7, 2008
- Press Release - $2 million awarded for VT Clean Energy Development Fund Projects, August 9, 2007