Energy Saving Resources at the Department of Public Service
The Department of Public Service tracks energy prices, consults on energy policy, and provides limited technical advice to individuals. It does not provide direct services, or make recommendations about specific service providers or products. It does not have financial resources to assist individuals in weatherizing their homes. If you have more questions, or desire information about topics not covered by this web page, please Contact Us. Be sure to type "Energy Efficiency" in the subject line and include your name, address, phone number and email address in the body of the message.
Other State and Local Resources
- Efficiency Vermont (EVT) is one of the State's Energy Efficiency Utilities (EEUs). EVT's website is a resource for energy savings both at home and at work.
- Burlington Electric Department (BED) is one of the State's Energy Efficiency Utilities (EEUs). BED provides efficiency services in its service territory. Their website provides information regarding its programs.
- Vermont Gas Systems - Energy Efficiency Program. Whether you're building a new home, trying to save energy in an existing home, or installing a new furnace, boiler, or hot water heater, Vermont Gas has efficiency experts on staff and three distinct "HomeBase" energy efficiency programs to help you make the best decisions for your specific situation.
- Home Energy Saver Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and the Partnership for Advancing Technology in Housing. Offers users an interactive tool for exploring the best ways to save energy and provides resources to help them make it happen.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Website. Offers a wealth of resources for consumers. Find helpful information for energy saving tips, insulation, heating and cooling.
- Energy Star. If you are thinking of purchasing a product that plugs in or burns fuel, take a moment to check out this website. It provides information on consumer electronics and appliances that cost less to operate and saves you money year after year.