“With the tight labor market, we need every able-bodied person to be in the workforce. In each aspect of the program, the VCBB Workforce Development Team will consider how to support a more inclusive and diverse workforce. Workforce programs that build coordination of service and support delivery will proactively mitigate barriers that limit workforce participation, such as physical, financial, and child-care.” ~ Christine Hallquist, VCBB Executive Director
Broadband Installer Apprenticeship - Coming Soon!
- Free On-the-Job Training - Earn While You Learn
- Competitive starting salaries
- Opportunities for career advancement in information technology trades, smart grid, and engineering trades
Registration link coming soon. For more information, email Chance.Payette@vermont.gov.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (this includes those who anticipate having either requirement in the next six months)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to climb heights and high-altitude ladders, work aloft for extended periods of time, and the ability to work in confined spaces, including manholes
- Visual ability to determine the color distinctions in wire and cable colors
- Ability to work away from roadways in remote areas across rough terrain while carrying heavy loads
Meet the Crews Connecting Vermont (Vermont Public)