The 19 member Vermont Nuclear Decommissioning Citizens Advisory Panel (VT NDCAP) was established by Act 178 of the 2014 Vermont legislative session to replace the seven-member Vermont State Nuclear Advisory Panel (VSNAP) that had been in place while Vermont Yankee produced electricity. VT NDCAP includes six citizen members, two each to be appointed by the Governor, the Senate President Pro Tempore and the House Speaker, as well as representation from twelve additional Vermont Yankee decommissioning stakeholder organizations.
- VT Legislation that establishes NDCAP
- Panel Members as of June 2021
- Panel Duties & Original Panel Members
- Amended NDCAP Charter (Adopted 2016-05-26)
FOR INFORMATION ON UPCOMING MEETINGS, go to the "Upcoming NDCAP Meetings" section below. Meeting materials (including meeting agendas) are posted in the Meeting Materials section as they become available. Information on VT NDCAP's Federal Nuclear Waste Policy Committee is available here.
IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATES
COVID-19 Pandemic Response
In response to Governor Scott’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” orders, all upcoming NDCAP meetings will be conducted as webcasts or teleconferences, for the duration of declared state of emergency. Meeting connection information will be made available for all members of the public wishing to join the meeting via audio connection. All NDCAP teleconferences and webcasts will comply with Vermont’s COVID-19 Impacts and Considerations for Open Meeting Law guidance.
NDCAP 2020 Annual Report Approved
The Panel’s 2020 Annual Report was finalized and published on January 15, 2021.
Vermont Yankee Sale Completed
On January 11, 2019, Entergy’s sale of Vermont Yankee (VY) to subsidiaries of NorthStar Group Services, Inc., was completed. Vermont Yankee ownership now consists of NorthStar Nuclear Decommissioning Company, LLC and NorthStar Vermont Yankeed, LLC.
- NRC License Amendment Recognizing VY Sale Completion
- Docket 8880 - Transfer of Ownership of Entergy Nuclear Vermont Yankee
NDCAP Meeting Archives
MEETINGS OF THE VT NDCAP FEDERAL NUCLEAR WASTE POLICY COMMITTEE
Meeting dates, connectivity information, and further details for VT NDCAP’s Federal Nuclear Waste Policy Committee meetings are available at the Committee Webpage. Meeting recordings and additional materials from the Committee’s prior meetings are also available at the Committee Webpage.
Members of the public are encouraged to provide written comments and suggested nuclear waste policy reading materials to the Committee via VT NDCAP’s email address at PSD.NDCAP@vermont.gov. All emails sent to the Committee become public record.
Questions regarding these Committee meetings may be directed to State Nuclear Engineer Tony Leshinskie at email@example.com or 802-272-1714.
MEETING OF THE FULL PANEL
Monday, June 14, 2021 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Microsoft Teams Webcast / Teleconference
The Full Panel will hold its second meeting of 2021 on Monday evening, June 14, 2021 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. At this meeting, NorthStar and Vermont State Agencies will present highlights of recent Vermont Yankee decommissioning activities. The Vermont State Agencies reports will include assessments of NorthStar’s March 31, 2021 required annual status report for the Vermont Yankee Decommissioning Project. The complete agenda for the June 14, 2021 meeting is available in the “Meeting of June 14, 2021” Meeting Materials Section below.
In accordance with changes to Vermont Open Meeting Law in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted as a Microsoft Teams webcast and teleconference. Members of the public may join the webcast by using the following link:
Please note that this is different weblink from prior VT NDCAP meetings this year. This weblink will broadcast both the audio and video portions of the meeting. The following dial-in lines may also be used for the audio connection (suggested for those with poor internet connectivity):
Phone number: (802) 828-7228 -or- (802) 552-8456
Conference Room Number: 978 479 256 (followed by the “#” sign)
Members of the public who anticipate speaking during public comment periods are encouraged to register in advanced by emailing PSD.NDCAP@vermont.gov.
The following short tutorial videos are suggested for those who are unfamiliar with using the Microsoft Teams meeting interface:
Join a Teams meeting from a web-browser:
Join a Teams meeting from the Microsoft Teams app (shows two additional options for joining a Teams meeting):
Additional instructions for joining a Teams meeting and using the User Interface are available here:
To cut down on background noise, all meeting attendees are encouraged to self-mute when not speaking. (Click on the microphone icon on the video interface or press “*6” on your phone.) Meeting attendees are also requested to disable their video feed when not speaking during the meeting.
Meeting materials will be added to the Meeting Materials section as they become available. All presentations will be available for electronic viewing prior to the start of the meeting. (Downloading the presentations prior to the meeting start is suggested for those with for those with poor internet connectivity.) Meeting materials and video recordings for all recent Panel meetings are also available in this section.
Questions or comments on the meeting presentations or any subject relevant to Vermont Yankee’s decommissioning may be sent to the Panel before, during or after the meeting by emailing PSD.NDCAP@vermont.gov. All emails sent to NDCAP become public record.
Questions regarding this meeting may be directed to State Nuclear Engineer Tony Leshinskie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-272-1714.
MEETING OF THE NDCAP ISSUES COMMITTEE
The Vermont Nuclear Decommissioning Citizens Advisory Panel (VT NDCAP) Issues Committee meets to identify potential agenda items for future meetings of the Full Panel. The next Issues Committee meeting will be announced at a future date.
Webcast recordings and meeting notes for recent Issues Committee Special Meetings are available in the Meeting Materials section below.
All meetings of the Vermont Nuclear Decommissioning Citizens Advisory Panel (including its committee meeting) are open to the public. For further details regarding any VT NDCAP Full Panel or committee meeting, please contact State Nuclear Engineer Tony Leshinskie at email@example.com or 802-272-1714.
All emails sent to VT NDCAP or its committees become public record.
Meeting of June 14, 2021
- Meeting Agenda 6-14-2021 (Revised)
- NorthStar June 2021 Decommissioning Status Update
- VT Public Service Department June 2021 Update
- VT Agency of Natural Resources June 2021 Update
Meeting of April 12, 2021
- Meeting Agenda 4-12-2021
- VTNDCAP Draft Meeting Minutes 04.12.2021
- BCTV Meeting Recording
- NorthStar March 2021 Decommissioning Status Update
- VT Agency of Natural Resources March 2021 Update
- VT Department of Health March 2021 Update
- VT Public Service Department March 2021 Update
- 04.12.2021 Teams Meeting Chat
- 04.12.2021 Written Comments Received
Meeting of December 7, 2020
- Final Agenda 12-7-2020
- VTNDCAP Approved Meeting Minutes 12.07.2020
- BCTV Meeting Recording
- NorthStar Statement on VT-PUC Petition 20-3458
- NorthStar December 2020 Decommissioning Status Update
- VT Agency of Natural Resources December 2020 Update
- VT Public Service Dept December 2020 Update
- Interim Storage Advisory Opinion Discussion Material
- 2020 Annual Report Draft
- 12.07.2020 Teams Meeting Chat
- 12.07.2020 Written Comments Received
- Committee Meeting Webcast Recording
- Potential December 7, 2020 Agenda Items
- 2015 Spent Fuel Storage Letter
- Panel Advisory Opinion Process
Meeting of September 21, 2020
- Final Agenda 9-21-2020
- VTNDCAP Approved Meeting Minutes 09.21.2020
- BCTV Meeting Recording
- NorthStar September 2020 Decommissioning Status Update
- VT Agency of Natural Resources September 2020 Update
- VT Public Service Dept September 2020 Update
- Nuclear Decommissioning Collaborative Presentation on National Spent Fuel Policy
- Draft Outline for 2020 Annual Report
- 09.21.2020 Teams Meeting Chat
- 09.21.2020 Written Comments Received
Issues Committee Meeting of June 3, 2020
- Committee Meeting Notes 06-03-2020
- Committee Meeting Audio Recording
- Potential September 21, 2020 Agenda Items
Approved Advisory Opinions
- NDCAP Advisory Opinion - Engaging Host Communities - Adopted 11.12.15
- NDCAP Advisory Opinion – Construction of a Second VY Spent Fuel Storage Pad – Adopted 02.25.16