The 19 member Nuclear Decommissioning Citizens Advisory Panel (NDCAP) was established by Act 178 of the 2014 Vermont legislative session to replace the seven-member Vermont State Nuclear Advisory Panel (VSNAP) that had been in place since the sale of Vermont Yankee to Entergy in 2002. NDCAP includes six citizen members, two each to be appointed by the Governor, the Senate Pro-Tem and the House Speaker, as well as representation from several additional Vermont Yankee decommissioning stakeholder organizations.
- VT Legislation that establishes NDCAP
- Panel Members as of September 2019
- Panel Duties & Original Panel Members
- Amended NDCAP Charter (Adopted 2016-05-26)
IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATES
NDCAP 2018 Annual Report Approved
The Panel’s 2018 Annual Report was finalized and approved at the January 31, 2019 Full Panel Meeting.
Vermont Yankee Sale Completed
On January 11, 2019, Entergy’s sale of Vermont Yankee (VY) to subsidiaries of NorthStar Group Services, Inc., was completed. Vermont Yankee ownership now consists of NorthStar Nuclear Decommissioning Company, LLC and NorthStar Vermont Yankeed, LLC.
- NRC License Amendment Recognizing VY Sale Completion
- Docket 8880 - Transfer of Ownership of Entergy Nuclear Vermont Yankee
NDCAP Meeting Archives
Upcoming NDCAP Meetings
Thursday, December 5, 2019, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Meeting location to be determined
The next meeting of the Full Panel will be held December 5 at a Brattleboro/Vernon area location to be announced. The Panel will continue discussing possible changes to the Panel’s Enabling Statute and Charter concerning panel composition, function and responsibilities. Public input to this discussion is encouraged. The complete agenda for this meeting will be published once it is finalized.
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE NDCAP ISSUES COMMITTEE
The Vermont Nuclear Decommissioning Citizens Advisory Panel (VT NDCAP) Issues Committee will meet at least once prior to the December 2019 meeting of the Full Panel. The Issues Committee meeting date, location and time will be published once they are finalized.
All meetings of the Vermont Nuclear Decommissioning Citizens Advisory Panel (including its committee meetings) are open to the public.
The video recording, agenda, and meeting materials for the Panel’s most recent (October 16, 2019) meeting are available below.
Public comments and questions regarding Vermont Yankee’s decommissioning may be emailed to the Panel at PSD.NDCAP@vermont.gov.
All emails sent to NDCAP become public record.
Meeting of October 16, 2019
- Final Agenda 10-16-2019
- Draft Meeting Minutes 10-16-2019
- Video (BCTV) of the Meeting
- VT Natural Resources / Environmental Conservation Update
- VT Public Service Department Update
- NorthStar October 2019 VY Decommissioning Status Update
- NorthStar October 2019 VY Decommissioning Status Video
- Updated VT NDCAP History for NEIMA Response
- VT NDCAP Potential Changes Discussion
Issues Committee Meeting of July 24, 2019
Meeting of May 20, 2019
Issues Committee Meeting of April 22, 2019
Meeting of January 31, 2019
- Final Agenda 1-31-2019
- Video (BCTV) of the Meeting
- VTNDCAP Approved Minutes 01.31.2019
- Summary of January 9 NRC Pre-Decisional Enforcement Conference
- State of Vermont's Role in VT Yankee Decommissioning
- NDCAP 2018 Revised Draft Annual Report
Approved Advisory Opinions
- NDCAP Advisory Opinion - Engaging Host Communities - Adopted 11.12.15
- NDCAP Advisory Opinion – Construction of a Second VY Spent Fuel Storage Pad – Adopted 02.25.16