PSD Releases RFP for Round 3 of the Broadband Innovation Grant Program
The Vermont Department of Public Service seeks proposals from communications union districts and other units of government, nonprofit organizations, cooperatives, regional planning commissions, and for-profit businesses conduct feasibility studies related to the deployment of broadband in rural unserved and underserved areas of Vermont.
The RFP is now available for the third cycle. Funding is available for up to eight Applicants to receive up to $60,000 ($30,000 feasibility/ $30,000 business planning).
This funding round includes additional support provided by the Agency of Commerce and Community Development through the ThinkVermont! Initiative. This additional funding of $45,000 will be combined with the Department’s existing BIG budget to strengthen the total number of applicants that the Department can support. This funding is reserved for municipalities
Notices of intent are due April 9, 2020, by 4:30 p.m. In the interest of Applicants who are ready to proceed now, the Department will select up to three Applicants after the April 24, 2020, early deadline. All remaining funds will be awarded after the second deadline on May 29th, 2020. (Please see updated timeline below)
UPDATED TIMELINE DUE TO COVID-19
Early Decision Applicants
- April 9, 2020 Notice of intent for early applicants due to the Department by 4:30 p.m. (Note: This can be a brief email)
- April 14, 2020 Questions if any from early applicants due in writing by 4:30 pm
- April 16, 2020 Written answers distributed to all applicants’ questions distributed to all applicants who have filed letters of intent.
- April 24, 2020 Early Decision Deadline- up to three early applicants will be awarded. Proposals must be received by 4:30 pm.
- May 7, 2020 Notice of Award for Early Applicants. Department to begin negotiations with selected Applicants.
Regular Decision Applicants
- April 30, 2020 Notice of intent for regular applicants due to the Department by 4:30 p.m. (Note: This can be a brief email)
- May 5, 2020 Questions (if any) from applicants due in writing by 4:30 pm
- May 7, 2020 Written answers to Applicants’ questions distributed to all Applicants who have filed letters of intent
- June 19, 2020 Regular Applications Deadline – All remaining funds will be awarded. Proposals must be received by 4:30pm
- July 3, 2020 Notice of Award and Department to begin negotiation with selected Applicants