VT-ALERT is used by the state and local responders to notify the public about severe weather advisories, boil water advisories, and roadway interruptions, among other topics. Sign up to receive alerts by email or text. Vermont Emergency Management issues a Daily Situation Report that contains weather and incident details.
The Vermont Department of Health provides many resources to help Vermonters plan ahead:
- Stay Safe Vermont provides information from the Department of Health about COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Vaccines FAQ
Their website also includes winter weather tips including what to do when the electricity goes out:
- The What to Do When the Electricity Goes Out in Arabic |Burmese | Chinese | English | French | Nepali | Russian | Serbo-Croatian | Somali | Spanish | Swahili | Vietnamese
The Vermont Outages Map provides information about utility outages by county and by utility.
Useful resources including latest news and publications to help your household with preparedness planning can be found on the Vermont Emergency Management’s website. VEM maintains a site with preparedness tips for individuals and families, and publications such as:
- Vermont Family Emergency Preparedness Workbook - email VEM for a hard copy
- Vermont Business Preparedness Workbook
- Vermont Disaster Recovery Guide for Business
- Just in Case: Emergency Readiness for Individuals who Need Special Assistance
Contact Vermont 211 for additional information.