Skip to main content

Public Involvement

Questions/Comments (Regulated Utilities or Department of Public Service)

Contact the Department of Public Service if you have questions or comments about a regulated utility.

Complaints About a Certificate of Public Good (CPG) Violation

You may contact the Department of Public Service, Consumer Affairs & Public Information Division to make a complaint, and visit the CPG Complaint Protocol webpage for more information about how to do so, as well as about the protocol.

Questions/Comments (Public Utility Commission)

The Public Utility Commission (PUC) has prepared a Citizen's Guide to the Public Utility Commission that explains who the PUC is, what it does, and how consumers can participate in its proceedings.

To review or to participate in a PUC case, and for information about public hearings (open to the public) or evidentiary/"technical" hearings, please refer to the PUC's Events calendar. You can also send written comments to the Department of Public Service, or the PUC. If you want to engage in a PUC proceeding, visit the PUC Public Participation Page.

Questions/Comments (Outside the Scope of the Department of Public Service/Public Utility Commission)

If you need assistance with or want to discuss issues that are not regulated by either the Public Utility Commission or the Department of Public Service, below are some useful links to both state and federal entities:

Vermont Attorney General

Consumer Assistance Program

109 State Street • Montpelier, VT 05609-1001
1-800-649-2424; or 1-802-656-3183

Vermont Attorney General's Office

109 State Street • Montpelier VT 05609

Federal Communications Commission

Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau

445 12th Street SW • Washington, DC 20554
Phone: 1-888-225-5322 • TTY: 1-888-835-5322 • ASL Videophone: 1-844-432-2275 • Fax: 1-866-418-0232

Federal Trade Commission

National Do Not Call Registry (1-888-382-1222)

Vermont Members of Congress