Skip to main content

Equal Opportunity Employer

The Department of Public Service prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, religion color, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or political beliefs in the administration of our programs, services, and activities. This policy also establishes the complaint/grievance process to follow in the event of a claim of discrimination other than those lodged by employees. 

How to File a Complaint 

You may file a complaint with either of the Department of Public Service Equal Employment Opportunity Officers, TJ Poor or Carol Flint.  

You may submit your complaint in writing or verbally. TJ Poor and Carol Flint are appointed to coordinate compliance and to ensure we meet our responsibilities required under the law. They may be reached by email at and or by telephone at 802-828-2811. 

You do not need to file a complaint with your supervisor, or an Equal Employment Opportunity Officer listed above if you do not feel safe doing so; you may use the other options listed below.  To voice a concern about something you saw or heard or to file a complaint you may also contact any manager or supervisor at the Department of Public Service. 

Department of Human Resources 

To file a complaint or learn about official policies you may contact your Human Resources Representative by visiting the Department of Human Resources' "HR Representative Locator" webpage. 

Disclaimer: this policy is currently being updated to address content accessibiliy