June 7, 2022. New draft Affordable Community Renewable Energy (ACRE) program design outline issued. Comments sought by June 21, 2022.
- Send comments or questions on the draft design to Christopher Heine at the VT Publice Service Department.
April 4, 2022. The PSD/CEDF requests preliminary applications from public schools for repairs to existing HVAC systems or the installation of clean heating systems. $2.5 million of federal ARPA funds are available.
Click here for a PDF document containing the questions received and the CEDF's answers regarding the Clean Energy Schools RFP.
April 4, 2022. The PSD/CEDF requests proposals to create and operate a residential comprehensive whole-home clean energy assistance program to benefit low-income residents of Vermont.
- Questions on the requests for proposals, which is available by clicking here, are due by April 22, 2022 [answers to questions will be posted here April 26, 2022]
- Click here for a PDF document containing the questions received and the CEDF's answers regarding the RFP for the whole-home clean energy assistance program.
March 2, 2022. CEDF Requests Bids to update the Vermont Advanced Wood Heating Sector Assessment & Evaluation Report
October 12, 2021. CEDF Releases RFP for Admin. of Small-Scale RE Incentive Program.
- The CEDF released an RFP to administer the CEDF's Small-scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program for the 2022-23 calendar years. Proposals are due before 5:00 PM on November 2, 2021.
- Questions and Answers Regarding the RFP. Updated on 10/21/2021 @ 11:00 AM.
September 29, 2021. CEDF Releases Draft $5 million ARPA Allocations
- The CEDF staff released a draft outline of how the $5M of ARPA funds could be allocated by the Clean Energy Development Board could be expended.
The Clean Energy Development Board will discuss this draft at their October 1st Meeting.
September 29, 2021. CEDF Releases a Draft Outline of the $10M Community-scale Renewable Energy Program for Low-income.
- This PDF is a one-page description of the draft program.
- This PDF is a one-page flow-chart of the draft program.
The Clean Energy Development Board will discuss these drafts at their October 1st Meeting.
September 27, 2021. Responses to the RFI Issued on July 18, 2021.
This PDF is a compilation of the responses the Public Service Department (Department) recieved in reply to the request for information issued regarding the design and implementation of an Community-Scale Renewable Energy Program for Low-income Vermonters.
July 18, 2021. Request For Information Released
The Public Service Department released a Request For Information (RFI) regarding the design and implementation of an Affordable Community-Scale Renewable Energy Program (Program). The Program was created by the Vermont General Assembly in Act 74 of the 2021 legislative session. Act 74 appropriates $10 million to the Department of Public Service (Department) for the Program to “support the creation of renewable energy projects for Vermonters with low-income” and stipulates that the Program shall be developed “consistent with the parameters of the Clean Energy Development Fund". Responses to this RFI were due Wednesday August 18, 2021.
July 2, 2021. CED Board Approves Fiscal Year 2022 Program Plan & Budget
The FY ’22 plan does not include the federal ARPA money appropriated to the PSD for CEDF clean energy programs & projects. The $10 million for the Affordable Community-scale Renewable Energy Program and the $5M to be allocated by the CED Board will have a separate public engagement and decision making processes. The FY’22 Plan and Budget allocates the existing CEDF and CEDF-ARRA funds that, mostly, are committed to existing grants, obligations, and programs. The CEDF is finalizing the FY’22 Plan before the ARPA funded programs are developed the ARPA funded programs as the CED Board needs to approve the FY’22 budget and plan so the CEDF can keep existing programs operating into the new fiscal year.
June 7, 2021. CEDF releases the 2021 Vermont Clean Energy Industry Report.
This is the eighth annual report the CEDF has released on the state of employment in Vermont's clean energy economy. The report shows that while the Vermont clean energy industry showed signs of resiliency the loss of jobs due to the Coronavirus was pronounced across all sectors of Vermont's clean energy industry. BW Research Partnership, Inc. has conducted and written these industry reports under contract to the Clean Energy Development Fund.
This page details the announcements released by the Clean Energy Development Fund in the last 12 months. If you are looking for past announcements, please click on Past Announcements or go to the "Past Announcements" link on the menu to the left.