About the Interconnection Rule Working Group
The Department of Public Service is convening a stakeholder process to develop revised interconnection rules for electric generators in Vermont. The group will develop one or more proposed modified rules and submit them to the Public Utility Commission during the summer of 2015, with the intention that the Commission can include them in a common rulemaking with the revised rules for net metering being developed and investigated in a separate, Commission-led process.
The Department's efforts on this project are supported by a U.S. DOE State Energy Program grant award. The grant also provides funding for the development of an electronic interconnection application and for analysis by Green Mountain Power to develop a "Distributed Generation Map" that would streamline analysis of proposed projects and allow developers to understand the state of the grid at different possible points of interconnection.
Meeting Notes and Materials
February 4, 2016
October 28, 2015
- New "strawman" interconnection rule discussed at this meeting. Meeting notes are contained in Tracked Changes and Comments within the document.
September 15, 2015
- Spreadsheet summary of items to be addressed in the rule update, with proposed solutions
- GMP proposed Fast Track criteria, with notes from the meeting
- GMP proposed logic for treatment of queuing and overlapping timelines
August 27, 2015
- This meeting discussed the issue of queuing for overlapping timelines for projects with interacting grid implications.
July 30, 2015
July 7, 2015
- Meeting notes are in this document, as comments on GMP's proposed edits to Fast Track criteria
- Proposed flow chart of interconnection process
June 17, 2015
April 21, 2015
- Meeting Summary
- VELCO and GMP presentation re: Transmission Perspective on Interconnection Rule Issues
- GMP presentation re: Automated DR Screening and Solar Map
April 7, 2015
- Meeting Summary
- ISO-New England Presentations:
March 19, 2015
- PUC Rule 5.100 Revision process, pursuant to Act 99
- Current PUC rules (including rules 5.100 and 5.500 addressing interconnection)
- CPUC presentation to the NARUC Staff Subcommittee on Electricity re: the CA Smart Inverter Working Group
- FERC Small Generator Interconnection Procedure (SGIP)