Telecom Annual Report Submissions
Before getting started please review the Guidelines for Utilities to Submit Annual Reports:
When submitting a Telecom Annual Report form, here are the steps for a successful upload and Gross Revenue Tax payment, both due by Thursday, April 15, 2021.
1. Download the Utilities Annual Report for Submission Template (excel spreadsheet):
2. Once the Annual Report template has opened, save the file locally.
3. After completing the Annual Report form and saving locally and gathering any supplemental electronic documentation required to upload with your annual report, you are ready to upload. Once ready, locate the upload link in the earlier Courtesy Reminder email sent by the Department.
4. Upload the completed Annual Report form and any necessary supplemental documentation.
5. Print the Computation of Gross Revenue Tax (GRT) page (4th tab on the spreadsheet) and mail with payment (payable to the Vermont Department of Public Service) to:
Vermont Department of Public Service
112 State Street, 3rd floor
Montpelier, VT 05620-2601
Consumer protection standards
- Docket 5903, Attachment 2, Consumer Protection Standards
- PUC Rule 7.600, Standards for Billing, Credit and Collections, and Customer Information for Telecommunications Carriers
Disconnection or limitation of service
- Tips for getting your disconnection notice approved (Word document).
- Sample Disconnection Notice Form (Word document) for carriers that provide basic residential service as stand-alone or with other services.
- Sample Disconnection Notice Form (Word document) for carriers who provide only non-residential services.
- Sample Toll Disconnection Notice Form (Word document) for carriers that provide only long-distance service (residential or non-residential).
- PUC Rule 7.604(K) prohibits disconnection of service on any Vermont legal holiday, on Fridays, on the weekend, on any day the company's business offices are closed, or on any day preceding the day the company's business offices are closed.
- Quarterly Disconnection Report as required by PUC Rule 7.622(I).
Slamming and authorization to change service
- PUC Rule 4.700, Selection of Primary Telecommunications Carrier