Telecom Annual Report Submissions
When submitting a Telecom Annual Report form, here are the steps for a successful upload and Gross Receipts Tax payment, both due by April 15th.
1. Download the applicable Telecom Annual Report Form(s), now in PDF format, from the appropriate link(s) below:
- Annual Report PDF Form - Competitive Telecommunications Carrier
- Annual Report PDF Form - Commercial Mobile Radio Service Provider
- Annual Report PDF Form - Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier
- Annual Report PDF Form - Customer Owned Coin Operated Telephone
2. Once the blank Telecom Annual Report PDF form has opened, please save the file locally.
3. After completing the Annual Report PDF form and saving locally and gathering any supplemental electronic documentation required to upload with your annual return, you are ready to upload. When ready, click the download link located in the courtesy email sent from the Department. Each telecom type will have a unique upload link.
4. Upload Completed Annual Return Form and any necessary supplemental documentation.
5. Print off only the one Gross Receipts Tax (GRT) page # 4 and mail with tax payment to:
Vermont Department of Public Service
112 State Street, 3rd floor
Montpelier, VT 05620-2601
Consumer protection standards
- Docket 5903, Attachment 2, Consumer Protection Standards
- PUC Rule 7.600, Standards for Billing, Credit and Collections, and Customer Information for Telecommunications Carriers
Disconnection or limitation of service
- Tips for getting your disconnection notice approved (Word document).
- Sample Disconnection Notice Form (Word document) for carriers that provide basic residential service as stand-alone or with other services.
- Sample Disconnection Notice Form (Word document) for carriers who provide only non-residential services.
- Sample Toll Disconnection Notice Form (Word document) for carriers that provide only long-distance service (residential or non-residential).
- PUC Rule 7.604(K) prohibits disconnection of service on any Vermont legal holiday, on Fridays, on the weekend, on any day the company's business offices are closed, or on any day preceding the day the company's business offices are closed.
- Quarterly Disconnection Report as required by PUC Rule 7.622(I).
Slamming and authorization to change service
- PUC Rule 4.700, Selection of Primary Telecommunications Carrier