Building Energy Code Study Committee
Act 47, passed in 2023, required the Public Service Department to set up an Energy Code Compliance Study Committee.
The purpose of the Committee is as follows:
- consider and recommend strategies to increase awareness of and compliance with the RBES and CBES.
- evaluate current cost-effectiveness.
- assess how the building energy codes interact with the fire and building safety codes.
Study Committee Members
- Christopher Bray – VT Senate (Committee Chair)
- Scott Campbell - VT House of Representatives
- Sandra Vitzthum - Sandra Vitzthum Architect LLC
- Craig Peltier - VT Housing and Conservation Board
- Richard Faesy - Energy Futures Group
- Kelly Launder – VT Department of Public Service
- Michael Desrochers – VT Department of Public Safety - Division of Fire Safety
- Matt Sharpe – Efficiency Vermont
- Chris Burns – City of Burlington Electric Department
- Timothy Perrin – Vermont Gas Systems
- Bob Duncan – A.I.A. and Duncan Wisniewski Architecture
- Jason Webster - Vermont Builders and Remodelers Association
- Matt Musgrave - Association of General Contractors of Vermont
- Ted Brady - Vermont League of Cities and Towns
- Chris Campany - Windham Regional Planning Commission
Meeting Dates (meeting time, 9:30 AM - noon)
These meetings are scheduled to take place in Giga Conference room located on the 3rd floor of the Public Service Department at 112 State Street, Montpelier and will be held in person with accommodation for remote participation. Entrance to Department of Public Service offices at rear of building (side facing away from State Street).
The meeting schedule is as follows;
- 7/25, Tuesday - This meeting was held entirely remotely.
- 8/8, Tuesday - In Person Participation is Optional - TEAMS Remote Participation Link
- 8/22, Tuesday - This meeting was held entirely remotely - TEAMS Remote Participation Link
- 9/5, Tuesday - In Person Participation is Optional - TEAMS Remote Participation Link
- 9/12, Tuesday - In Person Participation is Optional - TEAMS Remote Participation Link
- 10/5, Thursday - In Person Participation is Optional - TEAMS Remote Participation Link
- 10/31, Tuesday (tentative) - In Person Participation is Optional - TEAMS Remote Participation Link
- 11/16, Thursday (tentative) - In Person Participation is Optional - TEAMS Remote Participation Link
Agendas & Meeting Minutes
Questions regarding upcoming meeting dates and agendas may be addressed to Keith Levenson at (802) 828 4072 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Recording Agenda Minutes
October 05, 2023 2023.10.05 Agenda 2023 .10.05 Draft Minutes
Committee Meeting Reference Materials
Meeting Materials for 8/8/23
Comparison of all 50 States' Building Codes updated 0904
Meeting Materials for 8/22/23
Meeting Materials for 9/12/23
Meeting Materials for 10/05/23