To access Vermont Relay, or to find up-to-date information regarding service availability please visit the Vermont Relay website.
Vermont Relay is a free service that enables people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, DeafBlind, or those with Speech Disability to place and receive phone calls. The service is provided to Vermonters in accordance with 30 V.S.A. § 7512. The Telecommunications Relay Service is administered by a contractor (currently Sprint). The State of Vermont pays for Vermonters' access to Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) and Captioned Telephone (CapTel) service on a charge-per-minute basis (no charge to users).
The State of Vermont purchases Relay Conference Captioning (RCC) service on a per minute basis with an annual usage cap. The Department will pursue additional funding to keep Relay Conference Captioning available if usage exceeds its annual cap.
If you are looking for information on the Vermont Equipment Distribution Program (VTEDP), please visit the Vermont Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Program webpage. The VTEDP is administered by the Vermont Center for Independent Living (VCIL).
VTRS Advisory Board Meetings
- April 18, 2023 Meeting of the VTRS Advisory Council will be held both online and in person at the Department of Public Service, 112 State Street, Montpelier, 3rd Floor Giga Conference Room.
- January 10, 2023 Meeting The next VTRS Advisory Board meeting is scheduled for January 10th at 10 am. You may attend online via the T-Mobile Zoom link below or in-person at the Department of Public Service 112 State Street, Montpelier VT, Floor 3, in the Giga Conference room.
- September 13, 2021 Meeting
- Join in-person at PSD GIGA Conference Room, or online with link in agenda
- September 13, 2021 Agenda
- September 13, 2021 Draft Minutes
- June 7, 2021 Meeting
- February 22, 2021 Meeting